Baldivis Kite Buggying on Vimeo

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Strapped...

Inspired by +John Holgate's video about how to KAP, I have made myself a couple of webbing straps ready for when my kite, line, winder and GoPro rig arrive. One to act as a tether/anchor point and the other to pull the kite down to attach the GoPro rig...

Seat belt webbing left over from making my hotwire and two snap hooks (rated at 160kgs, $4.40 each from my local hardware store) -


All fired up and ready to go -


Two straps; the long one for pulling the kite down - can either be looped around my waist or a foot through the bottom loop so I can be hands free, the short is the tether/anchor point -


Snap hooks rated at 350lbs (160 kgs)


I'm thinking I could use a butterfly knot to secure the kite line to the snap-hook on the tether - 

http://www.netknots.com/rope_knots/butterfly-knot/


No comments:

Post a Comment