Baldivis Kite Buggying on Vimeo

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Hotwire - finished & ready for testing...

I bought some 80mm stainless-steel snap hooks and 2m of seat belt webbing from BCF. And in under an hour I had made myself a pretty decent looking hotwire system.

Best of all I got to use the sewing machine again!



The loops, I actually made these too small to thread the snap hook through, but managed it in the end...


First fix of the hooks...

Testing the position...


 Double checking with a body double..!



Check out the quality workmanship...


The finished product...


Checking with the chicken loop...


Chicken loop and 5th line safety...


Tuck down the side of the seat when not in use...


I'm pleased with how they look and the positioning, the seat belt webbing should be pretty strong, but I guess the proof will be next time I fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment