Baldivis Kite Buggying on Vimeo

Thursday 13 June 2013

GoPro kite line mount

I have been looking at getting the Camrig kite line mount, but after a restless night thought I would have a go at making my own - especially once I remembered I had a couple of line winders tucked away that I could adapt...


Trimmed them down and attached the GoPro mount that I had created from the original packaging...


Used some Velcro cable ties...


The finished product...



And the video from the test flight...


Overall I am really pleased with the outcome and it only cost $6 to make! It will be good to try it in the buggy - will try and tidy it up a bit and add a secondary security line to make it perfect.

Edit:

Since originally making this I have updated it so the camera sits at 90 degrees, this makes the video easier for editing...




No comments:

Post a Comment