Baldivis Kite Buggying on Vimeo

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Wind direction-o-meter (patent pending!)

Occasionally I struggle with wind direction and telling exactly which direction it's coming from! I have thought about taking a flag or wind sock down to the salt lake - but that is just something else to carry and if the wind is the wrong direction it's a kilometer walk.

The forecast helps and there are some bushes and trees, around the edge that move in the wind, but I wanted some thing that would help as the wind moved around while I was down there. It needed to be light weight, cheap, portable and cheap!

So meet the wind direction-o-meter (patent not pending!)...



To the untrained eye it may look like a cable tie with a piece of pink wool attached but this is a high tech piece of equipment!

I'm sure I have seen some videos/pictures with buggys with something similar attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment