Baldivis Kite Buggying on Vimeo

Thursday 30 May 2013

Ozone Kites


I have always had a thing about Ozone kites, I think it stems from owning my first power kite back in 2004 - a five metre Ozone Samurai, check out my first review at racekites.

I always regretted selling this kite to buy a de-power  (a flysurfer rookie 2 9m) which I was sure would get me moving on a landboard - another review on racekites. But kite boarding was never going to happen for me and eventually I sold my kites and stuck to mountain-boarding...

Then in 2007 we left the UK and headed to Australia and I sold my beloved MBS mountain board (a couple more reviews! MBS review and MBS long term test).

Eventually my love of kiting resurfaced with the discovery of the ideal location only 10 minutes from home, Lake Walyungup, and I was soon the proud owner of another Ozone kite - a 5m Flow. 



After static flying for a while I new I needed more, I had the space I had the kite now what I needed was a set of wheels! So I bought my Peter Lynn Comp XR+ and with the Flow started buggying. 

Then I went through a few more kites (kite tart!) before settling on another Ozone a 4m Method...



this was to be my high wind kite and has pushed me to my personal best. And a couple more reviews...

And now I own an Ozone Manta 2 10m - my first taste of de-power...


No comments:

Post a Comment